MINUTES OF TOWN OF NORTH SALEM COUNCIL MEETING AUGUST 6, 2020
- CALL MEETING TO ORDER: The August 6, 2020, Council Meeting was called to order by Council President Becky Fancher at 6:00 pm.
- ROLL CALL: Becky Fancher, President – Present, Jimmy Roberts, Vice President – Present, Mike Russell, Member – Present
- MINUTES: Becky asked if there were any additions or corrections to the minutes of the BZA Hearing held on July 2nd. There being none, the minutes were approved as written. Becky then asked if there were any additions or corrections to the minutes of the July 2nd Board Meeting. There being none, the minutes were approved as written.
- OLD ITEMS: a) NuMedia Marketing Website Update – Beth joined the meeting via Facetime and let the Council know that we are in transition from Hosting Truth to NuMedia Marketing. We will have a new website soon, townofnorthsalem.org.
- NEW ITEMS: 2021 Salary Ordinance – The Council reviewed, Becky Fancher made a motion to approve, Mike Russell seconded, and it was passed unanimously.
- REPORTS: a) Mark – let Council know that there is an issue with standing water at Minnesota and McKinley. He and Kevin are going to try and flush it with a fire hose, but if that doesn’t work, they will contact Hopper Excavating to roto-rooter the catch basin to see if that helps. He also let the Council know that he and Kevin have had to deal with a lot of water leaks recently. Mark stated that there was no news to report from RWAQ, and as far as he knows, the water project should start sometime this month. Also, we are #1 on the list for State Revolving Fund’s loan forgiveness program. b) NSPD – Marshal Kneeland turned in his monthly report to Town Council President. He also stated that residents should notice a difference with people speeding in Town. He then introduced Mr. Schubert, who he recently pulled over for reckless driving in Town. Schubert apologized to the Board, so he will be receiving a warning this time, since he came and addressed the Board. c) Council Members – Becky made everyone aware that the 2020 Old Fashion Days festival has been cancelled due to COVID-19. Jimmy thanked Mark for taking care of the street lights that weren’t working properly. c) Harold Blake – None. d) Beth – None.
- PUBLIC Amy Simmers addressed the Council about groundhogs in Town, stating that she had to have some removed from her property, and she believes that they are coming from the Goode junkyard in Town. Jimmy suggested we approach the Goode Family to see if they would try to take care of the groundhogs coming from that property. Harold advised that if that doesn’t work, we could file a complaint with Hendricks County, but we would need proper documentation to include pictures and written reports proving that there has been destruction of property.
- ADJOURNMENT: There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 6:32 pm. The next Council Meeting will be September 3rd at 6:00 pm.
Attest: Tammy Lasley, Deputy Clerk-Treasurer