TOWN OF NORTH SALEM
JANUARY 4, 2018
- CALL MEETING TO ORDER:
- The January 4, 2018, Council Meeting was called to order by Council President Rebecca Compton at 6:00 pm.
- ROLL CALL:
- Mike Russell, Vice President – Present ______________________________________
- Jimmy Roberts, Member – Present ______________________________________
- Rebecca Compton, President – Present ______________________________________
- Council President Rebecca Compton led with the Pledge of Allegiance followed by a prayer.
- Rebecca asked if there were any additions or corrections to the December minutes; there being none, minutes were approved as written.
- ELECTION OF OFFICERS:
- Jimmy Roberts made a motion to keep the officers the same as 2017 – Rebecca Compton, President; Mike Russell, Vice President; Jimmy Roberts, Member; Mike Russell seconded. Motion passed unanimously.
- OLD ITEMS:
- Update on Sidewalk project-cutting down of trees – Mark told the Council that the tree has been removed, all but the stump with has concrete in the middle of it, plus it is under the sidewalk itself. We will have to wait until spring. At that time he will be taking up the sidewalk and replacing.
- Spotlight of Town Ordinances – Rebecca asked if anyone had reviewed the Ordinances and if there was a particular Ordinance that needed spotlighting. There being none, it was suggested that everyone keep thinking about it and let Beth know.
- Suggestions for Ham and Bean Supper – After some discussion, it was decided to hold a workshop in February or March to brainstorm ideas including changing up the date and possibly changing up the menu.
- Town Hall Security – A local resident met with Kevin Basham in the Town Hall last week to assess our situation. He will provide pricing this week.
- ITAP Meeting – Rebecca and Beth will be attending a meeting with Susie Kemp, with INDOT, on Thursday, January 11th at 2:00 pm. This meeting will be to review our application for the side walk project in 2022.
- NEW ITEMS:
- There were no new items.
- Mark – Mark spoke to the Council about a possible revision to our sewer ordinance and any work that homeowners need to get done if they have a problem. Mark does not want contractors digging around the Main. After some discussion, it was decided that both Mark and Harold would review the ordinance and suggest changes\revisions.
- NSPD – For the record, Rebecca presented the NSPD report for the month of December. Marshal Berry also reported that he is still researching body cameras. He has been in touch with a company that will let you use the cameras for a period of time before you purchase them. He hopes to have in place by February. He also let the Council know that he has the new radios; he has not started using them yet because they have not had identifiers programmed yet.
- Council – Rebecca suggested sending the 2018 tox away days in the water bills this month.
- Harold Blake – suggested possibly highlighting the golf cart/atv ordinances in the spring; possibly junk vehicles.
- Clerk-Treasurer – Beth let the Council know that she would be picking up the new town flag on Friday.
- There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 6:30 pm. The next Council Meeting will be February 1st at 6:00 pm.
Beth Russell, Clerk-Treasurer