MINUTES OF TOWN OF NORTH SALEM COUNCIL MEETING JANUARY 3, 2019
1. CALL MEETING TO ORDER: The January 3, 2019, Council Meeting was called to order by Council Vice President Mike Russell at 6:00 pm.
2. ROLL CALL:
Mike Russell, Vice President – Present
Jimmy Roberts, Member – Present
Becky Fancher, Member – Present
3. PLEDGE/PRAYER: Council Vice President Mike Russell led with the Pledge of Allegiance followed by a prayer by Harold Blake.
4. MINUTES: Mike asked if there were any additions or corrections to the BZA Minutes; there being none, minutes were approved as written. Mike then asked if there were any additions or corrections to the December 6, 2018 Minutes; there being none, minutes were approved as written.
5. ELECTION OF OFFICERS: After some discussion, Mike Russell made a motion to nominate Becky Fancher for President of the Town Council and Jimmy Roberts as Vice President; Jimmy Roberts seconded; motion passed unanimously.
6. OLD ITEMS: a. Title VI/ADA Compliance – Resolution 2019-1 was presented for discussion. This is a Resolution adopting the Notice of Provisions of the Americans With Disabilities Act. Becky made a motion to accept as written; Mike seconded; motion passed unanimously. Harold stated that he will have additional information regarding Title VI/ADA at the February Board Meeting.
7. NEW ITEMS: No new items
8. REPORTS: a. Mark – Mark let the Council know that he has been meeting with Eric Wathen regarding a new water tower and filter plant. An income survey has been mailed to all residents within town limits; this is needed in order to apply for federal grants. The process should take approximately 16 weeks. Mark also let the Council know that he has been in contact with a company called AdEdge. He would like to do a pilot program with them using their media to see if it would work for us. They took samples and he is waiting to hear from them. Council Minutes – January 3, 2019 – Page 2 b. NSPD – For the record, Becky presented the NSPD report for the month of December. Marshal Berry also let the Council know that he is working on an air card issue as well as computer issues. c. Council – Mike would like to re-visit the Ordinance the town has on chickens within town limits at the Board meeting next month. d. Harold Blake – None e. Clerk-Treasurer – Beth had Council sign the annual nepotism forms.
9. PUBLIC: None
10. ADJOURNMENT: There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 6:43 pm. The next Council Meeting will be February 7th, at 6:00 pm.
Attest: ___________________________________ Beth Russell Clerk-Treasurer