TOWN OF NORTH SALEM
JUNE 7, 2018
- CALL MEETING TO ORDER:
- The June 7, 2018, Council Meeting was called to order by Council President Rebecca Compton at 6:00 pm.
- ROLL CALL:
- Mike Russell, Vice President – Present ______________________________________
- Jimmy Roberts, Member – Absent ______________________________________
- Rebecca Compton, President – Present ______________________________________
- Council President Rebecca Compton led with the Pledge of Allegiance followed by a prayer.
- Rebecca asked if there were any additions or corrections to the May minutes; there being none, minutes were approved as written.
- OLD ITEMS:
- Spotlight of Town Ordinances – There will not be a spotlight this month because we will be mailing the Consumer Confidence Report.
- Water tower and Filter Plant – Mark’s time has been spent with the panel at the water tower which is bad and he is having to operate manually until the part arrives.
- Sidewalk Replacement – the sidewalk on the south side of Pearl Street has been done; now waiting on the concrete to finish the other side by Nebraska Street. Rebecca also asked about the ADA ramps; Mark will call INDOT to see if we do indeed have to put them in at this time.
- 2019 Community Crossing Grant – The next round will open up in August; Eric Wathen is updating our Asset Management Plan.
- Mowing – Rebecca asked if Mark has had to take care of mowing any other properties in town. There is a house on Ladoga Road where the grass is pretty high. Beth will prepare a notice for John to deliver.
- NEW ITEMS:
- Meeting with Eric Wathen – Mark will visit plant at Western Boone and Bainbridge with Eric sometime this month.
- INDOT Open Houses – Rebecca will attend a “transportation talks” meeting in Crawfordsville on June 13th from 5-7 pm.
- Reception – Rebecca thought it would be nice to hold a reception for the fire fighters and emts just so the community could meet them; they could possibly use this opportunity to recruit new members. After much discussion the matter was tabled until next month.
June 7, 2018 Meeting Minutes – page 2
- Mark – None
- NSPD – For the record, Rebecca presented the NSPD report for the month of May; Ron Kneeland was out patrolling this evening.
- Council – None
- Harold Blake – Harold said that he noticed a speed limit sign on a County Road; it was very small and mounted on a pole so it must have been a solar one; Rebecca will inquire about these when she attends the INDOT meeting next week.
- Clerk-Treasurer – stated that she and Tammy would be in South Bend for the ILMCT from Monday to Thursday. Beth also let them know that she sent the final close out documents for the paving grant.
- There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 6:37 pm. The next Council Meeting will be July 5th at 6:00 pm.