TOWN OF NORTH SALEM
MAY 3, 2018
- CALL MEETING TO ORDER:
- The May 3, 2018, Council Meeting was called to order by Council President Rebecca Compton at 6:00 pm.
- ROLL CALL:
- Mike Russell, Vice President Present ______________________________________
- Jimmy Roberts, Member – Absent ______________________________________
- Rebecca Compton, President – Present ______________________________________
- Council President Rebecca Compton led with the Pledge of Allegiance followed by a prayer.
- Rebecca asked if there were any additions or corrections to the April minutes; there being none, minutes were approved as written.
- OLD ITEMS:
- Spotlight of Town Ordinances – After some discussion, it was decided to spotlight the tall grass ordinance in the May water bills.
- Town Hall Security – The camera system has been installed and is up and running.
- Paving Project – The paving project has been completed.
- Town Hall Roof – The roof project is complete.
- Water Tower and Filter Plant – Mark is still researching; will visit plant at Western Boone sometime this month.
- Sidewalk Replacement – Mark has met with Ralph and work will begin this month. He will also be adding ADA ramps at the corner of North California and North Nebraska Streets.
- Ordinance 2018-3 regarding the town park was presented. Mike Russell made a motion to pass as written; Rebecca 2nd; second read will be next month.
- AIM Roundtable – Rebecca spoke briefly regarding the Roundtable we attended in Thorntown in April.
- Sidewalk Grant Applications – no applications have been received; it was decided to extend the deadline to June 15th. Reminders will go in May water bills.
- NEW ITEMS:
- 2019 Paving – Rebecca noted that she and Mark spoke about possibly Vine Street from McKinley Street to State Road 75; all of McKinley Street; and Wabashaw Street from McKinley Street to South California Street.
- Meeting Rescheduling – There was brief discussion regarding meeting dates in July and October because at least one Council Member will not be present. It was decided to leave as advertised.
May 4, 2018 Meeting Minutes – page 2
- Mark – None
- NSPD – For the record, Rebecca presented the NSPD report for the month of April. Marshal Berry was not in attendance due to the passing of his mother. Beth will order flowers for her service on behalf of the town.
- Council – Mike Russell stated that the paving that was done looked great. Rebecca stated that due to Marshal Berry’s mom passing away, his evaluation would be done at a later date.
- Harold Blake – None
- Clerk-Treasurer – None
- Daniel Gilmore asked if there were any plans to pave 75; Rebecca stated that this is a State Road and not our responsibility. Bob Goldsmith and Debi Moreland were in attendance to discuss the barrel train and Old Fashion Days. Bob also mentioned that scrap was up and if we wanted him to take the town scrap he could.
- There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 6:21 pm. The next Council Meeting will be June 7th at 6:00 pm.