MINUTES OF TOWN OF NORTH SALEM COUNCIL MEETING MAY 2, 2019
1. CALL MEETING TO ORDER: The May 2, 2019, Council Meeting was called to order by Council President Becky Fancher at 6:00 pm.
2. ROLL CALL:
Becky Fancher, President – Present
Jimmy Roberts, Vice President – Present
Mike Russell, Member – Present
3. PLEDGE/PRAYER: Council President Becky Fancher led with the Pledge of Allegiance followed by a prayer.
4. MINUTES: Becky asked if there were any additions or corrections to the April minutes; there being none, minutes were approved as written
5. OLD ITEMS: a. Title VI/ADA Compliance – Beth will begin working on the Self-Evaluation. We committed to addressing the deficiency and have the self-evaluation portion implemented by July 1, 2019. b. Filter Plant/Water Tower Update – Eric Wathen was in attendance to and let us know that we did qualify with 25 bonus points on our SRF loan application which Mike Kleinpeter will be submitting May 3rd. SRF will be calling to schedule a site visit soon. c. North Salem Rep – Hendricks County Area Plan Commission and Hendricks County Zoning Board. With Sonnie Johnston resigning Beth reached out to Brad Wilson and is waiting to hear from him as to whether he is interested in becoming our new Rep.
6. NEW ITEMS: a. Ordinance 2019-1 – Fair Housing Ordinance – this updated Ordinance is necessary for our OCRA grant and SRF loan applications. Jimmy made a motion to accept on first read as written; Becky seconded; motion passed unanimously. Beth will advertise one time in two papers. b. Resolution 2019-3 – PER Acceptance Resolution – Mike made a motion to accept as written; Jimmy seconded; motion passed unanimously and copies were given to Eric to take back to RQAW. c. Greg Guerrettaz – FSG Corp (financial advisor) – Becky turned the floor over to Greg. He explained that his company has been around for over 30 years helping small communities with financing and rate studies. After his presentation, he let Council know that he would send an email outlining his proposal. May 2, 2019 minutes – page 2
7. REPORTS: a. Mark – let Council know that Wabash Valley would begin paving soon. He also said that he and Kevin would be cleaning the filter again next week. b. NSPD – Marshal Berry’s report for April was presented for the record; John let Council know that the computer in the truck has been fixed but he is still working on getting the decals fixed. c. Council – None d. Harold Blake – None e. Clerk-Treasurer – Beth let Council know that Bill Compton could not attend the meeting tonight but the Revitalization Committee was still hoping to purchase an electronic sign for the Town and that a location still needed to be selected. They would know better about their finances after the Strawberry Festival in June. Beth also let Council know that she, Mark and Becky met with Dan Mitchell at the bank to see if we could possibly get a better interest rate and longer repayment period for the money needed for the new Filter plant project. Unfortunately, the bank could not beat the SRF loan program. She also let them know that the Hendricks County Parks and Recreation group printed the wrong day of our Farmers Market in the Explorer that went out to 24,000 people; the card is correct but the magazine is wrong. They were blasting their Facebook page with the correct information.
8. PUBLIC: Jay Thompson, Communications Advisor Board (County) was in attendance to keep Council abreast of the radio situation. Russell Muir (resident in town) asked the Council for permission to remove the tree stumps left by his house after the trees were removed. Mark told him as long as whoever he got to do it provided the Town Hall with the proper paperwork (liability insurance certificate).
9. ADJOURNMENT: There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 6:44 pm. The next Council Meeting will be June 6th at 6:00 pm.
Attest: Beth Russell Clerk-Treasurer